Do you enjoy working outdoors? This is an excellent opportunity to work with a committed team and build a career in drilling.
Mannion Drilling is a family owned and operated company specialising in providing leading edge water and mineral exploratory drilling services to both the mining and agriculture industry in NSW. We are an award-winning team who provide second-to-none services and are wholly committed to safe work practices.
As a Driller's Assistant, you will be required to mobilise and maintain drill rigs and associated tools and equipment. You will also be required to complete associated reporting and inspection tasks. The ultimate goal of these positions is to ensure all Client and Company requirements are met or exceeded.
IN THESE ROLES YOU WILL:
- Understand and carry out the terms of the drilling program and work with the team and your supervisor to ensure successful completion;
- Maintain the drill rig and associated equipment to a high standard of operational reliability and appearance;
- Source equipment in urgent circumstances;
- Diagnose down hole problems and be able to take remedial action as required;
- Survey sites for accessibility and plan layout or work;
- Load securely and drive all-wheel drive vehicles;
- Assess the nature of drilling or equipment problems, and respond with remedies, decisions, and recommendations;
- Mix and test drilling fluid/chemicals/cement.
These positions' primary location is on rig operational sites, however, duties may also be required to be conducted at workshops and Company offices from time to time.
With potential to grow within the business, you will be a team player with a strong work ethic. Ideally you will:
- Have a natural affinity with technical and hands-on work;
- Have a commitment to working safely including proactively identifying work hazards and reporting & investigating safety issues;
- Be able to accurately calculate basic metric units and conversions, concepts of volume, ratio and proportion; and
- Have the written communication and skills to complete daily drilling reports.
Mannion Drilling works on big projects and maintains a small team feel. We have fun together and share a desire to continually improve as a team. We are an active part of the community and focus on giving back.
If this sounds like the next challenge for you, please select ‘Apply’ to send us your application, including a cover letter highlighting why you are the best fit for Mannion.