Continue to grow your career in drilling with a leading, family owned company.
Mannion Drilling is a family owned and operated company specialising in providing leading edge water and mineral exploratory drilling services to both the mining and agriculture industry in NSW. We are an award-winning team who provide second-to-none services and are wholly committed to safe work practices.
In these roles, you will be required to mobilise and maintain drill rigs and associated tools and equipment. You will also be required to complete associated reporting and inspection tasks. The ultimate goal of these positions is to ensure all Client and Company requirements are met or exceeded.
IN THESE ROLES YOU WILL:
- Carry out the terms of the drilling program to ensure successful completion;
- Ensure that “duty of care” is exercised in all aspects of your own work activities;
- Diagnose down-hole problems and be able to take remedial action as required;
- Assess the nature of drilling or equipment problems, and respond with remedies, decisions and recommendations;
- Train assistants in the correct and safe working procedures, and the proper care of equipment;
- Complete site inductions and Tool Box Talks as required;
- Maintain the drill rig and associated equipment;
- Source equipment in urgent circumstances and maintain stock as required;
- Survey sites for accessibility and plan layout or work; and
- Load securely and drive all-wheel drive vehicles.
These positions' primary location is on rig operational sites however duties may also be required to be conducted at workshops and Company offices from time to time.
As someone who has already begun their career in drilling, these roles will suit candidates who have developed practical experience and would like to continue to grow. Ideally you will:
- Have a commitment to working safely including proactively identifying work hazards and reporting & investigating safety issues;
- Have practical experience in a wide range of drilling practices and techniques;
- Have a sound working knowledge of rig mechanical, electrical, hydraulic systems, other componentry and associated equipment;
- Be able to read and interpret formulated SWPs and JSAs;
- Be able to lead by example;
- Display a customer focused attitude when dealing with both internal and external customers;
- Be able to communicate in a clear and concise manner;
- Be able to deliver high quality service and seek ways to improve work processes;
- Be able to accurately calculate basic metric units and conversions, concepts of volume, ratio and proportion;
- Have a cooperative approach, actively seeking to share the workload and assist in enhancing team morale; and
- Demonstrate a commitment to management and the broader team, and maintain a high level of integrity and confidentiality.
Mannion Drilling works on big projects but maintains a small team feel. We have fun together and share a desire to continually improve as a team. We are an active part of the community and focus on giving back.
If this sounds like the next challenge for you, please select ‘Apply’ to send us your application, including a cover letter highlighting why you are the best fit for Mannion.